Take the next step in your career on a team where your voice is heard. Make an impact on projects at every stage of their development. Work closely with an interdisciplinary team to create innovative solutions to meet our clients' specific needs.
Who we're looking for:
In our office, aptitude and attitude matter equally. We are looking for someone who can inspire others to push their boundaries and create amazing Drupal websites. Wowing clients with projects that go above and beyond their expectations should make you as happy as it makes them.
Where we're located:
Our office is in beautiful Halifax, Nova Scotia. Get inspired with a stunning view of the Bedford Basin every day. Satisfy your cravings at the cafe and farmers market located just two floors down.
What you'll do:
- Architect, create, debug and enhance Drupal websites and web applications based on business requirements and goals.
- Build a working relationship with the design team, providing input on technical and UX requirements.
- Work closely with team members across all disciplines implementing design and content with an eye on performance and capacity.
- Build custom modules and integrate community contributed modules into client solutions.
- Create Drupal themes by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Integrate 3rd party data consuming various APIs and databases.
- Participate in regular project stand-ups and sprint reviews.
- Conduct code reviews and provide mentorship of junior developers.
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of full stack web development.
- 3+ years of direct Drupal experience.
- Experience with Drupal theming (bonus: Bootstrap and SASS)
- Familiar with modern PHP development practices and tools including PHP 7 and Composer.
- Understanding of how to select and configure a healthy contrib module.
- Ability to architect and implement custom modules.
- Integration of 3rd party libraries, data sources and services.
- Comfortable with basic Linux/Unix commands.
- Experience using Git version control (bonus: Gitflow Workflow).
- Keaness for participating in regular team meetings and brainstorming sessions.
What you excel at:
- CSS / SASS / Bootstrap
- Work/life balance. Our typical work week is 35 hours and we rarely go over 40.
- Health and dental insurance benefits.
- In addition to 3 weeks paid vacation, we recognize 11 stat holidays. Plus, we close between Christmas and New Year's.
- No car? No problem! Get a discounted rate on bus passes.
- Not a morning person? Early riser? Choose hours that work best with your schedule.
- Cable guy coming between 9am and 5pm? Work from home.
Sound like the next step in your career?